If now is the time for the UFC to come calling, Raufeon Stots will head there with plenty of momentum.
The 29-year-old Houston native scored his sixth finish in his career this past Friday night at Legacy Fighting Alliance 48 when he finished off Ryan Lilley in the main event.
The card took place from the Viaero Center in Kearney, Nebraska, with the main card airing live on AXS TV.
Stots, who has only lost to current UFC fighter Merab Dvalishvili, dominated Lilley to add his name to previous wins over the likes of Jeff Curran, William Joplin and Robert Emerson.
The event marked a return of sorts for LFA, as Kearney was the birthplace of Resurrection Fighting Alliance. The promotion merged with Legacy FC to create LFA, which is one of the top promotions in the U.S. outside of the UFC and Bellator.
Other winners from the night included Brandon Royval, Calen Born and Ryan MacDonald. Born and MacDonald both remained unbeaten in their respective MMA careers, as Born picked up a decision to move to 6-0 and MacDonald earned a submission for his 10th career victory.
Below are complete results from Legacy Fighting Alliance 48:
- Main Event – Bantamweight Fight – Raufeon Stots (10-1) defeated Ryan Lilley (9-4) via TKO at 3:00 in round three
- Co-Main Event – Flyweight Fight – Brandon Royval (8-3) defeated Charles Johnson (7-2) via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Welterweight Fight – Calen Born (6-0) defeated Kassius Kayne (12-6) via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Bantamweight Fight – Ryan MacDonald (10-0) submitted Trevor Ward (6-5) at 2:06 in round two
- Featherweight Fight – Kevin Croom (19-10) defeated Darrick Minner (21-9) via TKO at 2:10 in round two
- Welterweight Fight – Austin Jones (6-4) defeated Duane Johnson (4-1) via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Welterweight Fight – Brock Smith (3-0) defeated Joe Boerschig (5-2 via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)