Hometown hero Will Brooks got back into the win column Thursday night at Professional Fighters League 2 from Chicago.
Brooks scored a convincing decision victory over Luiz Firmino in the main event from the Chicago Theater live on NBC Sports Network.
For Brooks, a former Bellator lightweight champion, it marked his debut with the PFL after an unsuccessful stint in the UFC. The 31-year-old entered the fight with Firmino on a three-bout losing skid and had not won since a 2016 decision in his UFC debut over Ross Pearson.
The card also featured the MMA debut of Olympic gold medalist Kayla Harrison, as she secured an armbar submission win in the first round vs. Brittney Elkin.
Brian Foster, Efrain Escudero, Sean O’Connell and former Bellator champion Brandon Halsey were among the winners.
Complete results are below:
- Will Brooks def. Luiz Firmino via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Brian Foster def. Ramsey Nijem via KO (strikes) at :23 of Round 3
- Kayla Harrison def. Brittney Elkin via submission (armbar) at 3:18 of Round 1
- Efrain Escudero def. Jason High via submission (guillotine) at :35 of Round 3
- Sean O’Connell def. Ronny Markes via TKO (strikes) at :41 of Round 2
- Brandon Halsey def. Smealinho Rama via TKO (cut) at :01 of Round 3
- Islam Mamedov def. Yuki Kawana via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Vinny Magalhaes def. Jamie Abdallah via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:37 of Round 1
- Rakim Cleveland def. Rashid Yusupov via TKO (injury) at :01 of Round 3
- Maxim Grishin def. Jason Butcher via TKO (knee injury) at 1:40 of Round 1
- Robert Watley def. Thiago Tavares via TKO (accidental low blow by Watley) at :35 of Round 2
- Natan Schulte def. Chris Wade via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 29-28)
- Dan Spohn def. Bazigit Ataev via TKO (strikes) at 4:29 of Round 3