Terms and Conditions
MMA Futures User Agreement (Terms and conditions)
This agreement was written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls. Please note that Section 17 contains certain changes to the general terms for users outside the United States.
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (“Statement,” “Terms,” or “SRR”) derives from the MMA Futures Principles, and is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with MMA Futures. By using or accessing MMA Futures, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 14 below. Additionally, you will find resources at the end of this document that help you understand how MMA Futures works.
Your privacy is very important to us. We designed our Data Use Policy to make important disclosures about how you can use MMA Futures to share with others and how we collect and can use your content and information. We encourage you to read the Data Use Policy, and to use it to help you make informed decisions.
Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on MMA Futures. In addition:
For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with MMA Futures (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
When you use an application, the application may ask for your permission to access your content and information as well as content and information that others have shared with you. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information. (To learn more about Platform, including how you can control what information other people may share with applications, read our Data Use Policy and Platform Page.)
When you publish content or information, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of MMA Futures, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about MMA Futures, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep MMA Futures safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep MMA Futures safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on MMA Futures.
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access MMA Futures, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on MMA Futures.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will follow our Promotions Guidelines and all applicable laws if you publicize or offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes (“promotion”) on MMA Futures.
- You will not use MMA Futures to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of MMA Futures, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other MMA Futures functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
Registration and Account Security
MMA Futures users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on MMA Futures, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a MMA Futures Page for such purposes.
- You will not use MMA Futures if you are under 13.
- You will not use MMA Futures if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
Protecting Other People’s Rights
We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on MMA Futures that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on MMA Futures if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- We provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights. To learn more, visit our How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement page.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including MMA Futures, the MMA Futures and F Logos, FB, Face, Poke, Book and Wall), or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on MMA Futures.
- You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent. MMA Futures offers social reporting tools to enable users to provide feedback about tagging.
Mobile and Other Devices
We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on MMA Futures within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on MMA Futures.
If you make a payment on MMA Futures or use MMA Futures Credits, you agree to our Payments Terms.
Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by MMA Futures
Our goal is to deliver advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. This means, for example, that you permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your name and/or profile picture with your content or information, without any compensation to you. If you have selected a specific audience for your content or information, we will respect your choice when we use it.
We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
You can target your desired audience by buying ads on MMA Futures or our publisher network. The following additional terms apply to you if you place an order through our online advertising portal (Order):
- When you place an Order, you will tell us the type of advertising you want to buy, the amount you want to spend, and your bid. If we accept your Order, we will deliver your ads as inventory becomes available. When serving your ad, we do our best to deliver the ads to the audience you specify, although we cannot guarantee in every instance that your ad will reach its intended target.
- In instances where we believe doing so will enhance the effectiveness of your advertising campaign, we may broaden the targeting criteria you specify.
- You will pay for your Orders in accordance with our Payments Terms. The amount you owe will be calculated based on our tracking mechanisms.
- Your ads will comply with our Advertising Guidelines.
- We will determine the size, placement, and positioning of your ads.
- We do not guarantee the activity that your ads will receive, such as the number of clicks your ads will get.
- We cannot control how clicks are generated on your ads. We have systems that attempt to detect and filter certain click activity, but we are not responsible for click fraud, technological issues, or other potentially invalid click activity that may affect the cost of running ads.
- You can cancel your Order at any time through our online portal, but it may take up to 24 hours before the ad stops running. You are responsible for paying for all ads that run.
- Our license to run your ad will end when we have completed your Order. You understand, however, that if users have interacted with your ad, your ad may remain until the users delete it.
- We can use your ads and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes.
- You will not issue any press release or make public statements about your relationship with MMA Futures without our prior written permission.
- We may reject or remove any ad for any reason.
- If you are placing ads on someone else’s behalf, you must have permission to place those ads, including the following:
- You warrant that you have the legal authority to bind the advertiser to this Statement.
- You agree that if the advertiser you represent violates this Statement, we may hold you responsible for that violation.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of MMA Futures to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 2.2, 2.4, 3-5, 8.2, 9.1-9.3, 9.9, 9.10, 9.13, 9.15, 9.18, 10.3, 11.2, 11.5, 11.6, 11.9, 11.12, 11.13, and 15-19.
You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or MMA Futures exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the State of Nebraska or a state court located in Lancaster County, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The laws of the State of Nebraska will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on MMA Futures, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users’ actions on MMA Futures and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on MMA Futures. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on MMA Futures. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of MMA Futures.
WE TRY TO KEEP MMA FUTURES UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING MMA FUTURES AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT MMA FUTURES WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT MMA FUTURES WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. MMA FUTURES IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR MMA FUTURES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR MMA FUTURES WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, MMA FUTURES’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with MMA Futures outside the United States:
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on MMA Futures (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website. You will not use MMA Futures if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States.
- Certain specific terms that apply only for German users are available here.
- By “MMA Futures” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.MMA Futures.com and any other MMA Futures branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the Like button, the Share button and other similar offerings and (d) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
- By “Platform” we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from MMA Futures or provide data to us.
- By “information” we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with MMA Futures.
- By “content” we mean anything you or other users post on MMA Futures that would not be included in the definition of information.
- By “data” or “user data” or “user’s data” we mean any data, including a user’s content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from MMA Futures or provide to MMA Futures through Platform.
- By “post” we mean post on MMA Futures or otherwise make available by using MMA Futures.
- By “use” we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By “active registered user” we mean a user who has logged into MMA Futures at least once in the previous 30 days.
- By “application” we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
If you are a resident of or have your principal place of business in the US or Canada, this Statement is an agreement between you and MMA Futures, Inc. Otherwise, this Statement is an agreement between you and MMA Futures Ireland Limited. References to “us,” “we,” and “our” mean either MMA Futures or F&T Consulting Inc., as appropriate.
This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding MMA Futures, and supersedes any prior agreements.
If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing MMA Futures.
You may also want to review the following documents, which provide additional information about your use of MMA Futures:
Data Use Policy:
We use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users like your friends, our partners, the advertisers that purchase ads on the site, and the developers that build the games, applications, and websites you use. For example, in addition to helping people see and find things that you do and share, we may use the information we receive about you:
- As part of our efforts to keep MMA Futures products, services and integrations safe and secure;
- To protect MMA Future’s or others’ rights or property;
- To provide you with location features and services, like telling you and your friends when something is going on nearby;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of ads you and others see, including to deliver relevant ads to you;
- To make suggestions to you and other users on MMA Futures, such as: suggesting that your friend use our contact importer because you found friends using it, suggesting that another user add you as a friend because the user imported the same email address as you did, or suggesting that your friend tag you in a picture they have uploaded with you in it; and
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement.
- Granting us permission to use your information not only allows us to provide MMA Futures as it exists today, but it also allows us to provide you with innovative features and services we develop in the future that use the information we receive about you in new ways.
- While you are allowing us to use the information we receive about you, you always own all of your information. Your trust is important to us, which is why we don’t share information we receive about you with others unless we have:
o Received your permission; given you notice, such as by telling you about it in this policy; or removed your name and any other personally identifying information from it.
Of course, for information others share about you, they control how it is shared.
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Typically, information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted. For certain categories of data, we may also tell you about specific data retention practices.
We may enable access to public information that has been shared through our services.
We may allow service providers to access information so they can help us provide services.
We are able to suggest that your friend tag you in a picture by scanning and comparing your friend’s pictures to information we’ve put together from your profile pictures and the other photos in which you’ve been tagged. If this feature is enabled for you, you can control whether we suggest that another user tag you in a photo using the “Timeline and Tagging” settings. Learn more at: https://www.MMA Futures.com/help/tag-suggestions
Deleting your account
If you want to stop using your account, you can delete it. When you delete your account, it is permanently deleted from MMA Futures. It typically takes about one month to delete an account, but some information may remain in backup copies and logs for up to 90 days. You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it. You can delete your account here. Learn more.
Certain information is needed to provide you with services, so we only delete this information after you delete your account. Some of the things you do on MMA Futures aren’t stored in your account, like posting to a group or sending someone a message (where your friend may still have a message you sent, even after you delete your account). That information remains after you delete your account.
Payment Information & Return Policy
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card directly. A charge will show on your bill from F&T Consulting Inc.
If you are not comfortable entering your credit card number on our secure web page, please choose the Telephone or Fax payment option. We will then enter your order into our database.
For Telephone orders: you can call us and give us the payment information; if you get voicemail, feel free to leave the information or to ask for a call-back.
For Fax orders: please print your order page and write your payment information on it, and fax it to (402) 489-6007.
We accept PayPal. If you’d like to pay via PayPal, please proceed through the cart checkout and then just choose the PayPal option. We are a Verified, PayPal merchant. If you pay via PayPal eCheck, PayPal requires us to wait until the eCheck has fully cleared before shipping. This is often immediate, but in some cases can take several business days.
You can also pay by personal check, cashier’s check, or money order. If you’d like to pay with one of these transmittals, please proceed through the cart checkout and then choose the mail option. We hold personal checks until they clear – usually three business days.
Our return policy is simple: we will take back most items for any reason within 14 days of purchase for your original purchase price, minus a 15% restocking fee (minimum restocking fee is $5). Shipping charges are not refundable. No return will be accepted without a Return Authorization Number, which will be provide upon request. You are responsible for all return shipping charges and MMA Futures will assess charges in addition to the standard restocking fee for packages that are refused. All items must be in as-new condition and be returned in the original packaging complete with all components. We do not take returns on ANY Special Orders. Merchandise that arrives damaged will be exchanged at no cost provided we are notified immediately (within 48 hours) upon receipt of damaged merchandise. If a coupon or discount was applied to an order, the amount of the restocking fee will be calculated using the full price of the product, before the coupon was applied. Return credit will be provided in the same manner as the original payment. Please allow 30 days for your return to be credited to your account. In some cases, credit card processors may take additional time to process the credit.
If product that you receive arrives damaged, you must notify MMA Futures within 48 hours, and we will gladly arrange to have the product replaced. Restocking fees will NOT be waived for returns of damaged merchandise.
Items unavailable for return: (1) Special order items, (2) Custom items (3) MMA Futures gift certificates, (4) Services (5) Deposits for merchandise or services.
MMA Futures is not responsible for any currency variations on sales outside the U.S.
MMA Futures Advertising Guidelines
At MMA Futures, we believe that ads should contribute to and be consistent with the overall user experience. The best ads are those that are tailored to individuals based on how they and their friends interact and affiliate with the brands, artists, and businesses they care about. These guidelines are not intended to serve as legal advice and adherence to these guidelines does not necessarily constitute legal compliance. Advertisers are responsible for ensuring that their ads comply with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations.
A. Our Advertising Guidelines consist of advertising content criteria, community standards, and other applicable requirements.
B. The Ad Guidelines, as well as our Data Use Policy, apply to all ads and commercial content (“ads”) served by or appearing on MMA Futures.
C. Ads must not contain false, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive claims or content.
D. You may not manage more than one advertiser or client through a single ad account, and may not change the advertiser or client associated with an established ad account.
II. Data and Privacy
A. No data collected, derived or obtained from or in connection with a MMA Futures ad, including MMA Futures’s delivery of an ad, and MMA Futures users’ interaction with a MMA Futures-served ad (such as information derived from targeting criteria) (“MMA Futures advertising data”) may be received or used by an entity not acting on behalf of a MMA Futures advertiser.
B. You may not use MMA Futures advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis to assess the performance and effectiveness of your MMA Futures advertising campaigns. In no event may you use MMA Futures advertising data, including the targeting criteria for a MMA Futures ad, to build or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
C. You may use information provided directly to you from users if you provide clear notice to and obtain consent from those users and comply with all applicable laws and industry guidelines.
D. You may not directly or indirectly transfer or sell any data to, or use such data in connection with any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other party not acting on behalf of an advertiser and the advertiser’s MMA Futures advertising campaigns. By indirectly we mean you cannot, for example, transfer data to a third party who then transfers the data to an ad network.
III. Ad Creative and Positioning
All components of an ad, including any text, images, or other media, must be relevant and appropriate to the product or service being offered and the audience viewing the ad. Ads may not contain audio or flash animation that plays automatically without a user’s interaction or expands within MMA Futures after a user clicks on the ad. Ads may not position products or services in a sexually suggestive manner. Ads may not contain content that exploits political agendas or “hot button” issues for commercial use. Additionally, ad text must include proper grammar and the use of all symbols, numbers, or letters must adhere to the true meaning of the symbol.
Ads must clearly represent the company, product, service, or brand that is being advertised. Products and services promoted in the ad copy must be clearly represented on the landing page, and the destination site may not offer or link to any prohibited product or service. Additionally, ads may not suggest false relevancy to generic offers.
Ads may not assert or imply, directly or indirectly, within the ad content or by targeting, a user’s personal characteristics within the following categories:
i. race or ethnic origin;
ii. religion or philosophical belief;
iv. sexual orientation or sexual life;
v. gender identity;
vi. disability or medical condition (including physical or mental health);
vii. financial status or information;
viii. membership in a trade union;
ix. criminal record; and
C. Destination Sites
Ads must lead to a functioning landing page that does not interfere with a user’s ability to navigate away from the page.
Ads and sponsored stories in News Feed may not include images comprised of more than 20% text.
Ads must always apply appropriate targeting and never use targeting criteria to provoke users. Ads for regulated goods and services (e.g. alcohol and gambling), must abide by all applicable laws, regulations, and industry codes. Specific requirements for dating services, alcohol, gambling, contraceptives and subscription services must be pre approved by MMA Futures, in writing prior to launch.
IV. Ad Content
Advertisers must ensure that their ads comply with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines. All claims in ads must be adequately substantiated. Ads must not offend users. Ads and any offers promoted within ads must not be false, deceptive or misleading or contain spam. Ads must not contain or promote illegal products or services. Ads must not violate the rights of any third parties. The following specific content guidelines apply:
A. Adult Products
Ads may not promote the sale or use of adult products or services, including but not limited to toys, videos, publications, live shows, or sexual enhancement products. Ads for family planning and contraception are allowed provided they follow the appropriate targeting requirements.
- Where permissible, ads that promote or reference alcohol must: (i) Comply with all applicable local laws, required or recommended industry codes, guidelines, licenses and approvals and (ii) apply age and country targeting criteria consistent with MMA Futures’s United States Federal Regulations and applicable local laws. Where a user’s age or country cannot be determined, the ad must not be displayed to the user.
Ads for adult friend finders or dating sites with a sexual emphasis are not permitted. Ads for other online dating services are only allowed with prior authorization from MMA Futures. These must adhere to the dating targeting requirements and the name of the product or service must be included in the ad text or image.
D. Drugs and Tobacco
Ads may not promote or facilitate the sale or consumption of illegal or recreational drugs, tobacco products, or drug or tobacco paraphernalia.
E. Gambling and Lotteries
i. Ads that promote or facilitate online gambling, games of skill or lotteries, including online casino, sports books, bingo, or poker, are only allowed in specific countries with prior authorization from MMA Futures.
ii. Lotteries run by government entities may advertise on MMA Futures, provided that ads must be targeted in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the ads will be served and may only target users in the jurisdiction in which the lottery is available.
iii. Ads that promote offline gambling establishments, such as offline casinos, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, are generally permitted, provided that ads must be appropriately targeted.
F. Pharmaceuticals and Supplements
i. Ads must not promote the sale of prescription pharmaceuticals. Ads for online pharmacies are prohibited except that ads for certified pharmacies may be permitted with prior approval from MMA Futures.
ii. Ads that promote dietary and herbal supplements are generally permitted, provided they do not promote products containing anabolic steroids, chitosan, comfrey, dehydroepiandrosterne, ephedra, human growth hormones, melatonin, and any additional products deemed unsafe or questionable by MMA Futures in its sole discretion.
Ads may not contain or link directly or indirectly to a site that contains spyware/malware downloads or any software that results in an unexpected, deceptive or unfair user experience, including but not limited to software which:
i. “sneaks” onto a user’s system;
ii. performs activities hidden to the user;
iii. may alter, harm, disable or replace any hardware or software installed on a user’s computer without express permission from the user;
iv. is bundled as a hidden component of other software whether free or for an additional fee;
v. automatically downloads without MMA Futures’s express prior approval;
vi. presents download dialog boxes without a user’s action; or
vii. may violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent or any other proprietary right.
H. Subscription Services
Ads for subscription services, or that promote products or services that include negative options, automatic renewal, free-to-pay conversion billing products, or mobile marketing are subject to the following requirements:
i. Ad text must clearly and conspicuously disclose the recurring billing component (e.g. “subscription required”).
ii. The landing page must:
a. display the price and billing interval wherever the user is prompted to enter personally identifiable information;
b. include an unchecked opt-in checkbox; and
c. include language informing users how to cancel their subscription or membership.
iii. Each of the foregoing must be located in a prominent place on your landing page, as determined by MMA Futures in its sole discretion, and should be easy to find, read, and understand.
I. Unacceptable Business Model
Ads may not promote a business model or practice that is deemed by MMA Futures in its sole discretion to be unacceptable or contrary to MMA Futures’s overall advertising philosophy or to any applicable law, including but not limited to multi-level marketing schemes, or advertisements for scams.
J. Weapons and Explosives
Ads may not promote the sale or use of weapons, ammunition, or explosives.
V. Ad Community Standards
Ads, or categories of ads, that receive a significant amount of negative user feedback, or are otherwise deemed to violate our community standards, are prohibited and may be removed. In all cases, MMA Futures reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine whether particular content is in violation of our community standards.
A. Illegal Activity
Ads may not constitute, facilitate or promote illegal activity.
Ads may not insult, attack, harass, bully, threaten, demean or impersonate others.
C. Hate Speech
Ads may not contain “hate speech,” whether directed at an individual or a group, based on membership within certain categories. These categories include, but are not limited to, race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language.
Ads targeted to minors must not promote products, services, or content that is inappropriate, illegal, or unsafe, or that exploits, misleads, or exerts undue pressure on the age groups targeted.
Ads may not contain adult content, including nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative.
F. Shock Value
Ads may not be shocking, sensational or disrespectful, or portray excessive violence.
VI. MMA Futures References
Ads may not imply a MMA Futures endorsement or partnership of any kind. Ads linking to MMA Futures branded content (including Pages, groups, events, or Connect sites) may make limited reference to “MMA Futures” in ad text for the purpose of clarifying the destination of the ad. All other ads and landing pages may not use our copyrights or trademarks (including MMA Futures, the MMA Futures Logos) or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our MMA Futures with our prior written permission.
VII. Rights of Others
Ads may not include content that infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights.
We reserve the right to reject, approve or remove any ad for any reason, in our sole discretion, including ads that negatively affect our relationship with our users or that promote content, services, or activities, contrary to our competitive position, interests, or advertising philosophy. These guidelines are subject to change at any time.