Former Legacy Fighting Alliance welterweight champion Derrick Krantz made a statement Friday night at LFA 42, turning back the challenge of Kassius Kayne.
Krantz improved to 22-10 in his career with a split decision victory in the main event. The card aired live on AXS TV from the Branson Convention Center in Branson, Missouri.
The win was the fourth in five fights for Krantz, who lost the belt to James Nakashima back in September. He is 7-2 under the combined Legacy FC/LFA banner, fighting for the promotion since 2014.
Kayne fell to 12-5 in his career with the defeat.
The co-main event saw Jaleel Willis scored a first round TKO victory vs. Chel Erwin-Davis, as the welterweight improved to 9-1 and positioned himself nicely in the division.
Jaimee Nievera topped Katy Collins, Josh Marsh knocked out Teejay Britton, Charles Johnson stopped Andrew Kimzey, Lucas Clay bested Mike Breeden and Julius Anglickas submitted Erik Murray Jr.
- Main Event – Welterweight Fight – Derrick Krantz (22-10) defeated Kassius Kayne (12-5) by split decision (30-27, 30-27, 28-29).
- Co-Main Event – Welterweight Fight – Jaleel Willis (9-1) defeated Chel Erwin-Davis (5-2) by TKO at 1:10 in round one.
- Flyweight Fight – Jaimee Nievera (7-3) defeated Katy Collins (7-5) by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
- Featherweight Fight – Josh Marsh (4-1) knocked out Teejay Britton (5-1) at 1:15 in round one.
- Flyweight Fight – Charles Johnson (7-1) scored a TKO victory (strikes) against Andrew Kimzey (3-2) at 1:41 in round one.
- Lightweight Fight – Lucas Clay (4-0) outlasted Mike Breeden (4-1) to win by split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28).
- Light Heavyweight Fight – Julius Anglickas (3-1) submitted Erik Murray Jr. (3-1) with a rear-naked choke at 2:29 in round three.